23. January 2011 · 6 comments · Categories: General · Tags: metamorphosis Monday, vintage thingie thursday
12. January 2011 · 14 comments · Categories: General · Tags: between naps on the porch, cold frame, Colorado lady, gardening, metamorphosis Monday, my romantic home, show and tell friday, tales from blogaritaville, thrifty thursday, vintage thingies thursda
I am posting again about this fun project from last spring.
We found some vintage windows on the curb, and they inspired this entire project. With a bit of wood found in the garage and a quick trip to Home Depot, we had the makings of a fun weekend.
then he put on wheels so we can move it into the sun or in and out of the garage if we have a bad frost coming.
~ All through the long winter, I dream of my garden. On the first day of spring, I dig my fingers deep into the soft earth. I can feel its energy, and my spirits soar. ~ Helen Hayes
20. December 2010 · 9 comments · Categories: General · Tags: between naps on the porch, Colorado lady, frame, metamorphosis Monday, my romantic home, nifty thrifty thursday, santa, show and tell friday, tales from blogaritaville, thrifty thursday, vintage thingie thursday
This is a Santa Claus tree topper that my son made in kindergarten or maybe preschool. So it’s somewhere around 25 years old. I used it for the top of our Christmas tree every year until it was just about falling apart.
Last year I decided to frame it and just hang it on the wall to be able to enjoy it and preserve it also. I used a deep frame, laid it on red velvet and made squiggles out of silver pipecleaners just to add a little pizzazz. Now I can still enjoy it year after year.
~”Like snowflakes, my Christmas memories gather and dance – each beautiful, unique and too soon gone. ” ~Deborah Whipp
13. December 2010 · 18 comments · Categories: General · Tags: between naps on the porch, coastal charm, Colorado lady, its a very cherry world, metamorphosis Monday, my romantic home, My World Tuesday, nifty thrifty tuesday, rednesday, ruby tuesday, santa, second time around tuesday, show and tell friday, thrifty thursday, vintage christmas, vintage thingie thursday, work of the poet
I bought this Santa sign at a garage sale for $4. I couldn’t believe my luck, that I had found it. It stands about 4 ft tall and is made out of wood. I think it may have been an advertisement of some sort long ago. Whatever it was, it has new life now bringing Christmas spirit into our home year after year.
05. December 2010 · 15 comments · Categories: General · Tags: between naps on the porch, Christmas tree, coastal house, Colorado lady, craft, decorations, metamorphosis Monday, my romantic home, nifty thrifty tuesday, open house, show and tell friday, vintage pins, vintage rhinestones, vintage thingie thursday
Each one of them is so pretty and unique. They remind me of the person who gave it to me which makes it more special.
It is about 15 inches square and each one is pinned to the red velvet and then I framed them in a deep frame.
What used to be jewelry is now a cherished Christmas decoration I bring out every year to hang on my wall. It never fails to add a bit of cheer to the holiday season.
29. November 2010 · 22 comments · Categories: General · Tags: abc wednesday, between naps on the porch, christmas, Colorado lady, gardening, metamorphosis Monday, my romantic home, show and tell friday, vintage ornaments, vintage thingie thursday, wreath
I made this wreath several years ago from vintage ornaments I have collected through the years. Most of them were saved from family, some from garage sales and ebay. They are what I always decorate my tree with, but I had so many I decided to make some of the extras into a wreath so I would be enjoying all of them. When I bring this out of the attic, it really is beginning to look a lot like Christmas.
~”Gifts of time and love are surely the basic ingredients of a truly merry Christmas.” ~ Peg Bracken.
17. November 2010 · 18 comments · Categories: General · Tags: 2nd time around tuesday, antique cupboard, between naps on the porch, Colorado lady, cupboard, metamorphosis Monday, my romantic home, nifty thrifty, nifty thrifty tuesday, show and tell friday, tales from blogaritaville, thrifty thursday, vintage cupboard, vintage thingie thursday
This is an old cupboard someone threw away several months ago. While out on a walk with my friend, we came across it.
The back was falling apart, the door was off, the finish was horrible and their had been a can of polyurethane that had dumped inside of it. Quite a mess. It was in pretty sad shape but I took it home anyway.
A little paint, screws, elbow grease and a little vision, not to mention love,and it’s a great antique that hangs in my dining room full of books.
That was one great walk we took that day! I think of it every time I look at my wonderful cupboard.
~”I walk slowly, but I never walk backward.”~ Abraham Lincoln
Here’s what our yard looked like as they were building our fence when we first moved in here about 3 years ago.
We had already taken down one tree at that point. The following year we removed the stump and put in the stone patio.
We also planted blue spruce along the fence for eventual privacy.
They have really grown alot.
Behind the stone patio we use for our fire pit we added a perrenial bed despite the horrible soil that was there.
…..well maybe~if I would just stop imagining more and more…
24. October 2010 · 19 comments · Categories: General · Tags: abc wednesday, autumn, between naps on the porch, bloomin tuesday, fall, leaves, lisa's chaos, macro monday, metamorphosis Monday, msgreen "thumb"Jean, oak leaves, ruby tuesday, trees, wordless wednesday, work of the poet
~”Fiery colors begin their yearly conquest of the hills, propelled by the autumn winds. Fall is the artist. ” ~unknown
VISIT WORDLESS WEDNESDAY TOO!
18. October 2010 · 1 comment · Categories: General · Tags: between naps on the porch, gardening, halloween, metamorphosis Monday, october, porch
Seeing the beautiful front porches for Metamorphosis Monday made me decide to include mine too.